When I was Pinterest-ing around for post ideas, I came across a few fabulous drink recipes. Then, it hit me! Why not make a weekly drink idea post on thirsty Thursday?? I know. I’m brilliant. Thank me later.
Call me old fashioned, but I love a gin and tonic. It’s probably my favorite cocktail, and I firmly believe it’s highly underrated. Now, if you’re not a fan of gin, don’t go running just yet. Try this recipe!
Blackberry & Meyer Lemon
Gin & Tonic
20 fresh mint leaves
2 Meyer lemons (can substitute regular lemons)
1/4 cup of simple syrup
12 ounces of good quality gin (I prefer Hendrick’s)
1. Set out your four glasses.
2. Place 3 blackberries, 5 mint leaves, juice of 1/2 lemon, and 1 tablespoon of simple syrup in each glass and muddle together.
3. Fill each glass with ice.
4. Pour 3 ounces of gin in each glass, and top each off with tonic water.
5. Stir each glass and serve.
Unfortunately I haven’t tried this lovely elixir yet, but I plan on it very soon! It just sounds so delicious. Let me know what you think!